Monday, February 8, 2016



President John Dramani Mahama has been caught in his own web of deception after telling the nation last week that the National Democratic Congress government he now leads had used the last seven years, of its two terms in office, in building the infrastructural base of the country, and that the NDC will need a third consecutive term to enable it "put money into the pockets" of the people, from 2017.

President Mahama, who had in previous years promised Ghanaians a "better Ghana," now says Ghanaians will only feel the effect of his performance in their pockets in the third term of the NDC government, if retained in office in the November elections.


Many see this as a tacit admission of his glaring failure to deliver on his promise of "Better Ghana" for the nation, which was given during the 2012 electioneering campaign.

Having assumed office as the president after the tragic death of the late President John Evans Atta Mills, Mr Mahama told the nation he and his NDC government had used their first term in office to build a solid infrastructural base for the country, as well as a sound economy with better fundamentals than what they inherited from the previous NPP government.

President Mahama therefore promised the second term of the NDC government would see Ghanaians enjoying the fruits of the sound economy they had built. And he repeated same promise to the nation in his State of the Nation Addresses year after year.

For instance, in the Address delivered in February, 2014, he assured Ghanaians of "better days ahead" in the year "in spite of the current socio-economic challenges facing the country".

According to him, at the time, his government had put in place pragmatic measures that would soon yield fruitful results for the nation. "I assure you we shall begin to see the benefits of the sacrifices we are making very soon," he assured the nation.

Even before making that assurance, he had promised in 2013 that new doors of opportunities would be opened in the country in 2014.

Addressing a national thanksgiving service of Aglow International-Ghana at the Independence Square in Accra, he mentioned economic growth and job creation for the youth as some of the fruits the nation would witness that year.

Related Posts:

  • Ghana’s water crisis will worsen – Geographer Access to potable water for domestic and commercial purposes which is already poor is set to worsen File photo in the coming months and years. This according to a geographer and the Chief Executive Officer of the Develo… Read More
  • Akufo-Addo didn’t owe assassinated JB money A former Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Ayikoi Otoo, has refuted claims that the late JB Danquah Member of Parliament (MP) for Abuakwa North constituency, JB Danquah-Adu lent some money to the flagbearer of th… Read More
  • Ghanaian born Canadian arrested for selling rice as iPhone A 26-year-old Canadian with Ghanaian descent Gyimah Andrew Boateng is facing charges in The suspect Gyimah Andrew Boateng Toronto, Canada, for packaging rice and selling it off as IPhone. According to prosecutors, the f… Read More
  • Terkper summoned to address Parliament on DKM The Finance Minister, Seth Terkper, has been summoned by the Parliament of Ghana to brief Seth Terkper -Finance Minister Members on the circumstances that led to the collapse of some micro-finance institutions in the Bro… Read More
  • Two MPs attacked by armed robbers Two National Democratic Congress (NDC) Members of Parliament have been attacked by armed robbers in their homes in Accra. The MPs are Emmanuel Nii Okai Laryea, MP for Amasaman and George Loh, MP for North Dayi. Narrating … Read More
Powered by Blogger.

Random Posts

News

Top Rated

Design

Sponsor Advertisement

Advertisement

Pages

Ads

Popular Posts

Popular Posts